Kenyans reacted with happiness and joy after President Uhuru lifted cessation of movements in and out of the five disease affected counties.
Uhuru also opened bars until 7pm allowed worship in churches but maintained the ban on political gatherings.
He also moved the curfew time from the current 8:00pm to 10:00pm as Kenyans had requested.
The President also directed that schools and learning institutions to re-open as per the calendar issued earlier this year.
He made the remarks when he addressed the nation to mark this year’s Labour Day celebration.
Presidents announcements at a glance;
- Cessation of movement in five counties of Kiambu, Nairobi Kajiado, Machakos and Nakuru lifted
- Hotels and restaurants to resume sit in services following MoH guidelines.
- Bars to operate upto 7pm.
- Daily nationwide curfew from 10pm to 4am until further notice
- Primary, Secondary schools and all other learning institutions to reopen as scheduled, in accordance with the Ministry of Education calendar.
- Ban on political gatherings extended.
- Churches and religious congregations resume, but attendance be a third of the capacity of houses of worship.