Editor's PicksNews

Thugs shoot man dead as he fights them in a failed attempt to save his girlfriend under attack in Ruiru

A 35-year-old man was shot dead early this morning, as he confronted thugs who had attacked his girlfriend at Winners apartments in Ruiru, Kiambu County.

The deceased Geoffrey Sigei and his girlfriend Winfred Kairuthi,34, had arrived at the apartment in two separate vehicles at around 4:30am, when they were confronted by armed thugs.

According to the apartment’s guard Samuel Wafula, Winfred was first to enter the gate followed by the deceased in a Mazda CX5. “After the vehicles had gone past the main gate, three men forced their way inside, went straight to Winfred’s vehicle and began ransacking it,” the guard told detectives.

“As the deceased was parking his vehicle, he saw the thugs confronting Winfred and went to her aid, wielding a rungu,” he added.

The armed thugs then opened fire and shot him on the abdomen as they fled the scene, attracting the attention of police officers who were on patrol nearby.

Neighbours who had heard the commotion responded to the incident and rushed Sigei to RFH hospital in Ruiru, where he unfortunately succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment.

Detectives have since established that the deceased and his girlfriend had enjoyed their evening at Ashaki grill in Thome estate and on their way home, had been trailed by a silver Toyota Prado TX that the assailants used as their getaway vehicle.

Related posts

Cabinet tells off former KTDA directors as their attempts to take over are stopped by farmers countrywide

News Today Reporter

African freedom fighters who bore the brutality of British colonisers refuse to mourn Queen Elizabeth II, say her death is a tragic reminder of the atrocities committed in her name


President Ruto makes a surprise visit to Parliament, Narok Senator criticises the move

News Today Reporter

Gangster shot dead, others arrested as police intensify hunt for criminals

News Today Reporter

Two killed as aircrafts collide mid air at Wilson Airport, Nairobi


Nairobi international show is back after a two-year suspension due to Covid-19

News Today Reporter