Departmental Committee on Transport and Infrastructure has unanimously elected Ndia MP, Hon George Macharia Kariuki as its chairperson.
Hon Didmus Baraza, MP Kimilili was also elected unopposed as the Vice Chairperson at the inuagural meetingof the Committee held today.
Hon. Macharia and Hon. Baraza expressed their gratitude to Members for electing them to lead the Committee and assured them of transparent leadership.
The newly elected Chairperson assured MPs of all inclusive leadership adding that he will not be making decisions singlehandedly.
“I want to assure members that we will involve everyone in decision making…I will not be making decisions on my own,” he added.
Among the issues highlighted as priority areas to be considered by the Committee are the challenges facing the National carrier Kenya Airways, streamlining the functioning of Kenya Railways Corporation and the Kenya Ports Authority to better serve the country.
The Committee on Transport and Infrastructure considers matters relating to transport, including non-motorized transport, construction and maintenance of roads, rails,air and marine transport, seaports and national integrated infrastructure policies and programmes and transport safety
The leadership of the Committee urged all Members to support them in ensuring the Committee delivers on its mandate.
The Committee has the following members:
- The Hon. GK George Macharia Kariuki, M.P.
- The Hon. Mutua Didmus Wekesa Barasa, M.P.
- The Hon. Jhanda Zaheer, M.P.
- The Hon. Komingoi Kibet Kirui, M.P.
- The Hon. Chege John Kiragu, M.P.
- The Hon. Kiunjuri Festus Mwangi, M.P.
- The Hon. Saney Ibrahim Abdi, M.P.
- The Hon. Abdul Rahim Dawood, M.P.
- The Hon. Arama, Samuel, M.P.
- The Hon. Kiaraho, David Njuguna, M.P.
- The Hon. Bady, Bady Twalib, M.P.
- The Hon. Abdirahman, Mohamed, M.P.
- The Hon. Naicca, Johnson Manya, M.P.
- The Hon. Muhanda, Elsie Busihile, M.P.
- The Hon. Francis, Kajwang’ Tom Joseph, M.P